Scope and Purpose
The Assembly Technician is responsible for assembling equipment, maintaining, storing parts in the warehouse, and complying with applicable company safety, quality management, and company procedures. The company's Quality Management System follows industrial, customer, and company requirements.
Responsibilities and Authorities
• Assembles according to work order instructions
• Assists operations and production of the company as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining and storing parts in the warehouse.
• Participates in safety and quality audits as required and applicable.
• Interfaces with internal customers and vendors as it relates to assembly operations.
• Recommends changes or improvements via preventive and corrective actions.
• Responsible for participating in safety meetings, as required.
• Has Stop Work Authority
The Assembly Technician reports directly to the Assembly Lead Man and the Shop Foreman of the company and has a support responsibility to all departments as required. He/she is responsible for following the applicable company’s production, safety, and quality procedures.
a) Education and Training – High School education or equivalent.
b) Skills (Technical Requirements) – A plus is knowledge of shop work, assembly, and warehouse and technical aptitude. Must be able to lift 30lbs.
c) Experience – One-year relevant experience.