Scope and Purpose
The Shop Helper CNC Shop is responsible for marking finished parts, maintaining the machines in the CNC department, and complying with applicable company safety, quality management, and company procedures. The company Quality Management System follows industrial, customer, and company requirements.
Responsibilities and Authorities
• Marking of finished parts with marking tools
• Check and maintain fluid levels of machines.
• Moving materials with the forklift, keeping the shop clean and safe.
• Participates in safety and quality audits as required and applicable.
• Interfaces with internal customers and vendors as it relates to CNC operations.
• Recommends changes or improvements via preventive and corrective actions.
• Responsible for participating in safety meetings, as required.
• Has Stop Work Authority
The Shop Helper CNC Shop reports directly to the Shop Foreman of the company and has a support responsibility to all departments as required. He/she is responsible for following the applicable company’s production, safety, and quality procedures.
a) Education and Training – High School education or equivalent.
b) Skills (Technical Requirements) –A plus is knowledge of shop work and technical aptitude.
c) Experience – One-year relevant experience.